Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Disney Trip Fun

We are in fabulous Florida enjoying yet another summer vacation...even though school is back in session (preschool doesn't begin until next week). It seems we have been doing a lot of traveling, in fact we realized we have only been home for one of the past 7 weekends. It has been a very fun and busy summer, but I will be ready for things to slow down. I feel like I've spent my life packing and unpacking suitcases for the past few months. As soon as I get all of the laundry done from one trip I literally have to begin packing for another. Jessie's wedding is exactly one month from today (October 5th, conference friday) and after that trip to Utah we will be done with our travels for a little while and hopefully things will calm down...until the baby is born that is.

She is due at the beginning of December so both my sister Jessie's birthday (nov.30th) or Justin's brother Spencer's birthday could be possible baby birthdays! The sooner the better in my opinion.

We are having a great time in Florida, currently it is naptime and Justin and I are here in the dark using the internet and e-mail on our phones while the kids sleep. Tate is still babbling to himself in his crib, Abbie finally went to sleep in hers (but not until I confiscated the rice crispy treats I didn't know she had and her Little Mermaid cell phone which is quite noisy). She was loudly singing "happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me!" over and over, which didn't seem to bother Bracken who was the first one to sleep and least in need of a nap. This truly is a magical place and the kids are in heaven.

Bracken has loved it, but to our dismay it turns out he is a total wimp. He is terrified of any ride that may possibly go faster than a snail (including the Monorail) or involve anything scary or mildly fun. He mainly likes all of the shows, characters, parades, and fireworks. Luckily, he still acts like a boy and brings his new pirate sword and hook (purchased by the Pirates of the Carribean ride) everywhere he goes...including to bed. I have been surprised that his favorite character is Mickey because Mickey isn't really on TV or in any of his favorite movies, but he is continually telling me that Mickey should be invited to this or that, or that we should consult with Mickey on what to do next.


Abbie has been by far the most entertaining. I brought along all 6 pairs of her princess shoes that she got for Christmas (which she wears around our house daily) thinking that she could wear them to a character meal or two and around the hotel but she has insisted on wearing them everywhere each day and walks as well in them as most people do in sneakers. We also bought her some princess dresses before we came and they have been very loved. Keep in mind that it is still nearly 100 degrees here and extremely humid. We all wear regular clothes each day and get drenched with sweat, but that hasn't stopped Abbie from freaking out if she can't be either Snow White or Tinkerbell. I haven't let her wear her Cinderella dress yet because she is having breakfast with Cinderella at her castle on Friday and I want the dress to stay in tact until then. She just acts like it would be preposterous to not dress in a huge, hot princess get-up while at Disneyworld no matter what the weather. She's crazy! People have asked if they can take her picture and she has gotten a lot of attention (who would want a picture of someone else's kid?). She needs to have all her princess dolls and be fully accessorized at all times...even I am not as girly as she is. She's in for a rude awakening when another girl enters this family!



Tate is huge, and even though I am convinced he can walk, he refuses to because he is very fast when he crawls. He mainly stands or walks around things then gets on all fours to get to where he wants to go. So, if I have to carry one baby inside and another huge baby on the outside then I will be ready ASAP to have this little girl. When it comes to our Disney trip, Tate mainly has been just along for the ride. He has a terrible cold and hasn't felt very good. He enjoys eating lollipops when we need for him to be quiet. He has learned that it is an especially fun activity if he licks it all over then holds the sticky end and chews the stick. He can even add to the fun by then pulling Abbie or mommy's hair with his sticky hands.



Other than the fact it is a million degrees, don't you all wish you were here?

5 comments:

Heather and Dave said...

Of course I wish I were there! Your trip sounds so fun & I love your cute kids. Who knew that Bracken wouldn't love the thrill-seeking rides? Maybe by next year? I love how Abbie insists on wearing her princess outfits everywhere and I love even more that you have a blog now & that I can see updates of your cute family. One month and counting till the big wedding day! YAY! I love you and miss you! xoxo

Jessie and Taylor Miller said...

I LOVE THIS BLOG... I doubt Brooke will keep up with it... so Allie, take keep up the good work!

Rachael said...

So glad you joined us in the blogosphere!
It sounds like FL is a lot of fun, and I am always so happy with how non-plussed you seem by all of your goings on.
When are you due again? Any names picked out?

megan&steve said...

Brooke, or Allie. I loved hearing about Disneyworld. Maddies Birthday celebration is tomorrow! Yay! We have been without internet at the house, but have it at work. WE can't update the blog until Qwest gets it together... We can't wait to see you in a few weeks!

The Wright's said...

Brooke!! I found you... i can't believe it! I am going to add you to my blog.. Obviously you haven't added anything to your blog for a while, but hopefully you check it! Love ya, Danielle